Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP UFT 12.51 ALM 'Restore connection on startup' Not Working

Hey, Forum.

I open UFT 12.51 and sign in to ALM and check the 'Restore connection on startup' check box. When I close UFT and reopen the application, I get an error message saying it could not reconnect and check with administrator. I open the ALM Connection menu item and the username and password is present. The password shows to be only four characters as noted by four black dots in the password textbox. The password is longer than four characters, so maybe there is a bug with the retention of the password and causing the application to fail the ALM sign in.

Any advice is welcome.

Regards, Zac.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: HP UFT 12.51 ALM 'Restore connection on startup' Not Working

Yes, this was broken (again) in UFT12.51.  It works reasonably well in v12.50.  This piece of functionality has caused many issues since the introduciton of UFTv12.00 (particularly with LDAP use) that I've instructed users to stop using it entirely, despite our efforts to get support to understand the complexity of the issue.

I would encourage you to enter a support ticket for it, however.

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP UFT 12.51 ALM 'Restore connection on startup' Not Working

Thank you for your input, JohnQC.

I have reported the issue and there is now an open case with the following case ID: SD01314512

Regards, Zac.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.