Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP UFT - Change Loop result in report

Hi Experts,

I have an API script.

The script Loop between files and check for content.

I need the loop to return success if only one of the iteration is successfull.

Actually the loop return success if only ALL the iterations are succesfull.

Can you help?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HP UFT - Change Loop result in report

What is that you are trying to do (in Detail)

& Share the script for much more analysis.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Script steps:

1.Downlaod File from SFTP

2.Reteieve Folder Content

3.LOOP - for each file

3.1  Read File Checkpoint if containt Value.

4.End

I need the report to be succesfull if only one file contain the expected value.

I'm using stadnard functionality of UFT.

I think I can change the Result of the loop via Event Handler but I don't know how to.

Since I'm using default functionality do you still need me to share the script?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I find that in general uft sucks at reports (better than competitors though) but for normal GUI test you can customize the report so what I did with my api test was that I created a GUI test and called API actions. Then I had the freedom to customize the report the way I wanted.

Didnt find a way to customize it in the same way from API test part. Also passing data from ALM to API test seems to be a pain that required extra license (BPT)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.