New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
604 views

HP UFT Web Objects Not Responding

All- thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I'm working with a web application sitting on top of SharePoint. I'm successfully setting up new test actions in UFT, creating object repositories, and associating them with my actions. I'm having problems past that point:

1) If I go to almost any object in the repository, then go to find the object in the top menu bar, it says the web page isn't open. It clearly is- it's the only other active application on my computer at the time.

2) When I record my test, the system only catches three steps: The initial 'create new' step, the very first text field entry, then 'save. All of the drop downs in the middle aren't recorded at all. So my test isn't functional.

I've played with all of the add-ins that seem to be related- at this point I've got .net, ActiveX, Java, VisualBasic, Web, WPF, and Silverlight all active. Have no idea if the app has all of those components or not, but it's what I've found on other forum posts that might help. So far- nothing.

Thoughts? And again thanks for any help you may able to provide.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you try to work with objects using descriptively.


Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I haven't tried the Descriptive method yet- still learning the tool. I did set up some new test actions and manually added all of the objects. Same results, though. The recording only captures the very first text field and then the 'Save' action. When I go into the repository itself, select an object, then go to find the object in the application the tool can't locate anything, other than that first test field. And this time when I added the objects, I had every single add-in active just in case there was something hiding in there. Still nothing- very frustrating.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.