Highlighted
Visitor.

HPALM: How to lock down test resources (Majorly Function Libraries) when using HP ALM 11.51?

Hi, 

We are doing a validated project and it looks like the project team has a requirement wherein they want us to lock down our test resources as well (apart from automted UFT test scripts) in ALM. By test resources here I mean Function libraries.

Somehow the lock down (eApprove functionality) is available for UFT automated scripts but not for the libraries associated with it.

This makes the automated tests not to pass as validated scripts since some one can go in and change this whenever they want to.

Is there some solution where in we can lock down our Function Libraries as well just as how we do for the Test scripts.

Thanks in Advacne,

Ajit Kumar Sharma   

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPALM: How to lock down test resources (Majorly Function Libraries) when using HP ALM 11.51?

Hello,

My understandig is that from the side of ALM you can complete check-in/check-out of the resources in the same way as the tests, you just need to have the versioning enabled on you ALM.

From the side of UFT you need to have the resource open and then completing the check-in/out. Otherwise you will be appliying the changes on the test onsted on the resource.

Let me know if this inforamtion helpyou, or please explain us more about your request.

Regards,

Joaquin Viquez.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: HPALM: How to lock down test resources (Majorly Function Libraries) when using HP ALM 11.51?

Hi,

Thanks for replying back.

The check in and check out functionality works fine. The requirement here is that the Test resources should follow a approval system.

For example: Lets say I route my test cases for approval then it goes via a process ( Buisness SME needs to approve, then the Technical SME and then BTQA). Now the same can not be applied for Function library or Object respository.

So the test resources can be absically checked out anytime by anone and be modified. We need a process where in we can lock it down and without approval no one can make changes to the codes. So what i am trying to find here is that if it is possible to lock down the test resources.

I know that any changes made are being captured in ALM in the versioning history but we wanted to have something much more controlled. I hope this explains my scenario better.

Thanks & Regards,

Ajit Kumar sharma

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

From my understanding, i think that from the side of UFT there is no way possiible besides the verisoning mechanism.

However, there is a way to complete this should be on ALM side, which is a tool that I am not familiar at all, maybe you can create a support case directly with them and they can help you on this.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.