Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

HPE UFT 14: UFT Report snapshots on multiple monitors

Hi,

Does anyone know of a solution to prevent UFT from capturing my entire monitor(s) after each specific step? When viewing my UFT report, it is showing my snapshots for all my monitors (see attachment). I just want it to capture the application opened by UFT.

I am on UFT 14.00 build 1775 and I am using it with the Perfecto UFT Mobile plugin.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: HPE UFT 14: UFT Report snapshots on multiple monitors

hi, Michael

As far as I know, UFT no longer supports Perfecto plugin. Please consult support for more detail. UFT has a better integration with Mobile Center and the snapshot is only to the virtual phone screen. Worth a try?

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Helo,

I have seen this in UFT 14.01 and 14.02 with just basic testing of WEB an desktop apps, The issue is not related to the Perfecto plugin.

If Irun my tests local I see all 4 of my screens, if Irun this on the VM which has just a single screen I see the oe scren image as one would expect.

I am not aware of any other way to tell UFT wha screen t to the pic of. 

Stephen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, Stephen

I think the reason is that the Record and Run Settings of the Test is 'Any application' which makes UFT take the whole landscape of screens as it's replay background. If you're running a Test to a specific application, maybe you can set the R&R Setting to be 'Run on Specific Application'. I believe this approach will make the screen capture accurately with only the application you're testing. 

If you won't be able to use this approach and still want a monitor specified to UFT, this will be an Enhancement Request to UFT and please kindly contact support engineer to guide you through the procedure.

Thank you.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.