Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

HPE UFT VERSION 14.0 ERROR

Jump to solution

I'm trying to test web system. And this error occurs while run recorded actions. I'm using uft 14.0 and IE8. 

Cannot find the "xxxxx" object's parent "Frame" (class Frame). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPE UFT VERSION 14.0 ERROR

Jump to solution

hi, there

The error is a normal one that the object cannot be found. You may need to double check the object properties in the object repository versus the actual properties of the object in the browser. 

If it is ok, you may move the object under Frame object directly to be the child of a Browser object. Please refer to UFT help for more information regarding Frame object. However, IE8 is too old that it is not supported by Microsoft.  Please consider an upgrade to IE11 for testing.

Thanks.

James

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

hi, there

The error is a normal one that the object cannot be found. You may need to double check the object properties in the object repository versus the actual properties of the object in the browser. 

If it is ok, you may move the object under Frame object directly to be the child of a Browser object. Please refer to UFT help for more information regarding Frame object. However, IE8 is too old that it is not supported by Microsoft.  Please consider an upgrade to IE11 for testing.

Thanks.

James

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for reply,

I've just upgraded IE to 11. And What is the actual properties of the object in the browser? Object properties in the object repository looks like this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

hi, 

you can click debug when the Test encounters the error, spy the actual object you expect to be the correct one and compare the properties in the Spy dialog with the one in your object repository. 

from the snapshot you sent, the Frame object has few properties to be uniquely identified. You may add some more with what you spy from the actual object, like name property if it's available.

Thanks.

James

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you. Above error is solved. Now It displays below error. I want to log out from system. but it is WebMenu item and error occurs. Can you solve this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

hi,

This is known issue in UFT. UFT supports WebMenu object. However, the implementation of WebMenu, aka Web Accessibility, is not standardized. UFT has covered as many cases as it can be while still have holes in the solution, like in your case. 

I suggest either you can retreat to using WebElement as a workaround or to submit a support ticket to have a fix sooner. 

Thank you.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.