Highlighted
Visitor.

HPE UFT does not work in interactive mode with latest Windows 2016 Patch (November 30th)

Hi Team,

We are currently evaluating the HPE UFT  trail version for our Automated testing and it looks like last few days the HPE UFT test runs did not happen due to Interactive service mode seem to be not working as expected. in remote execution. Instead, it simply says no tests are executed in the result HTML page. 

I Dig further and found that the same UFT software works in older version of Windows 2016- before 30th November. It started failing from 1st Dec 2018.

Also tried validating the Microsoft regedit recommended changes like nointeractive set to zero and RDP TCP is enabled.

Also enabled interactive mode through services by selecting UFTwint service properties etc.,.

Have raised this query with Microsoft and got a response stating this need to be addressed from UFT.

Appreciate if someone could help us identify the root cause.

-Sha

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: HPE UFT does not work in interactive mode with latest Windows 2016 Patch (November 30th)

to Add.

Have attached screenshot of result page. And we have tested this against both 14.03 and 14.51 (latest).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPE UFT does not work in interactive mode with latest Windows 2016 Patch (November 30th)

hi, there

Wil you specify how you ran the UFT Test remotely? I mean, remotely is ambiguous which may mean many scenarios, possibly involving some other tools, like ALM for example.

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi, 

We use Ansible modules to connect winRM and run UFT test scripts (exe) through Ansible playbooks.

-Sha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, 

Can you specify the patch id, KB number or something? I've tried from my side and everything works fine. Besides, what is the role Ansible is playing in your scenario? Is it a VMWare like management tool which runs a 2016 VM?

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.