Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Captain
Captain

How do you send a csv table OR uft datatable into the body of an Outlook email?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have searched for a solution to send a csv table or UFT datatable to an email body, but attempts result in unformatted text being inserted in comma separated delimited format instead of table format. 

Also - it only send the last line of the table instead of the entire table.

All internet searches point to this being achievable in VBA, as opposed to vbscript. Ultimately, I would like to achieve something similar to the attached image.

Does a solution exist to enable this action, and if so, can you kindly share a code sample for me to use?

Many thanks in advance.

Al

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Allan,

I'm not aware of a solution from vbscript side but I noticed Paula had a post regarding running macro using UFT:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/UFT-One-User-Discussions/Execute-Excel-macro-on-another-file-using-UFT/td-p/2859157

I'm wondering if you can use macro to copy the data over and send an email instead of using vbscript.

Just a thought, maybe worth a try.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Captain
Captain

Hi @Jerry2 @StickyFingaz , can you please let me know if this is not possible. I have an alternate solution where I just enter text in the email rather than send the table, but it would be good to know. Thanks very much.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Allan,

I'm not aware of a solution from vbscript side but I noticed Paula had a post regarding running macro using UFT:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/UFT-One-User-Discussions/Execute-Excel-macro-on-another-file-using-UFT/td-p/2859157

I'm wondering if you can use macro to copy the data over and send an email instead of using vbscript.

Just a thought, maybe worth a try.

View solution in original post

Captain
Captain
Oh well - can't have our cake and eat it too. Understood.
Thank you very much for confirming @StickFingaz.
At least I know to stop looking for a solution online - much appreciated!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
It's probably too soon to mark my reply as a solution, give it some time for other experts to drop in. 🙂
0 Likes
Captain
Captain
UNCLASSIFIED

I did think of that .. sorry. ..... Can I change it once marked?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,
As far as I know, you cannot change a topic's status once a reply has been marked as a 'solution'.

In case you would like to dive deeper into the topic, please create a new entry. 

Best regards,
Paula
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.