Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Transform Test Scripts From QTP to UFT 12.5

Good afternoon ,

I am new to UFT and i woked as system analyst in a bank , now i am handling a task where i have to Transform old QTP Test Scripts that were made using VB to run it on UFT Version 12.5

The case in details is : i am having test scripts for T24 (Temenos) Core banking system , these scripts were made back in 2009 using QTP . and now My boss is having an initiative to run these scripts using UFT V 12.5 . would anyone advice how can i start or what to do ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In most QTP/UFT user guides there is a section that says if you can open test scripts created in older versions. With some of the products, you can open scripts only if they were made in the immediately previous version.

Check the UFT documentation for information.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When you are migrating scripts from older version to new version, here are the things to consider -

1. Your actual code - scripts / function libraries should open in the new version - this will not be an issue

2. Object Repository - this contains objects that QTP/UFT uses to interact with application. Now you say the scripts were developed back in 2009. The application would have undergone lots of changes since 7 years, and high chances are your script will not work with existing object definitions. So you will need to update the object repository.

3. Function library - this will contain functions to work with your application and also general functions. This will change because the logic to test the functionality of the application and lot of other environments would have changed. For example, a simple function like login will need to be rewritten because the login screen would have changed from 2009. This assuming the URLs and username passwords are parameterized. Otherwise they will need to be changed in the code.

So if you want to have a working code in latest version, you will need to do the following -

1. First, understand the which manual scenarios are automated by which script ( it will be good if you can get that mapping)

2. Then understand how the automation script works and make changes to the functions it interacts with and the objects in the application.

3. The above steps will need to be repeated for entire automation suite.

So you have 2 options -

1. Make changes to all the scripts/functions/objects

2. Build new code using the same framework, which is an easier option in my opinion.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

As Trudy mentioned, we have a Help Center topic on this very issue. See here: Upgrading documents from previous versions.

We'd be glad to hear any feedback on this topic and whether it helped you!

Regards

Batami

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.