Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to automate multiple user login sessions?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm using QTP 11, trying to automate multiple user login sessions into Chrome browser, e.g. 3 users logging into their Yahoo accounts respectively and stay online. How do I do it?

I was able to do so using selenium webdriver, which handles this situation automatically.

But when I use QTP, after the first user logs in the first browser, the second browser will have the first user session. I could open an incognito browser to login a second user, but any new incognito browser will have the same session as the second one. So I can have maximum two logins.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: How to automate multiple user login sessions?

Jump to solution

Ok, this answer on StackOverflow should serve as a starting point for you.

------------------------------------------------------------
Please make sure to "Kudos" on the left and mark the thread as resolved if this has answered your query.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

What is the use case? Why do you need 3 simultaneous users at the same time? If you can elaborate, it would help.

In any case, you may want to try with a combo of Chrome, Chrome incognito and Firefox.

Please make sure to "Kudos" on the left and mark the thread as resolved if this has answered your query.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The case is to test communication among multiple users (like instant messaging or conference).

Our product is Chrome based so have to use it exclusively. Incognito mode only gives me maximum 2 sessions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ok, this answer on StackOverflow should serve as a starting point for you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Will give a try.

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot, this works!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.