Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

How to automate page displayed on Chrome browser via IE Tab plug-in

Hi

I am working on legacy system that doesn't support chrome browser. So IE Tab, chrome extension is introduced to open Internet Browser in Chrome via IE Tab. Application works manually, but automation scripts failed.

UFT doesn't recognize the page open in chrome via IE Tab. basically UFT doesn't identify any object on page that open via IE Tab

I was wondering if there are any UFT add-on to support IE Tab plug-in. if at all this is possible

thank you so much in advance for responding to my post. any recommendation?

Thanks,

Anita

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to automate page displayed on Chrome browser via IE Tab plug-in

It might just not be possible.

The only thing I can think of is the "Register new browser" feature, did you give that a go?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Anita,

I think UFT dose not support this scenario now. 

If you want to record something under this scenario, I suggest that Low-Level Recording mode may help you. 

Thanks,

Anderson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,
Thanks for responding to my post.
How do I register for browser feature.
You mean register for chrome browser features. How do I do that.
Thanks again for your help
Thanks,
Anita Katre
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Anita,

I have used "Register New Browser Control" function for your scenario. But it doesn't work. 

If you want to try, you can search "Register New Browser Control" in your machine and put Chrome IE Tab extension path into it. 

Thanks,

Anderson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Sure, thank you so much. Let me try and will let you know how it goes.
Thanks so much for your cooperation

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks Anderson
I tried Low level recording option, but doesn’t record anything with this option, however, it does record with ‘Insight Recording’ option. It records the images like edit button, save etc and run them successfully. Not sure how reliable is this option. I have been using Hybrid base UFT framework to build and run my scripts and generate Customized html report. I am wondering how Insight Recording option will fit into my exiting framework to build scripts.
Anyway just wanted wanted to update you.
But, I would always appreciate any insight into this. Thank you so much for all your time and cooperation
Thanks
Anita
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.