UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to capture OracleTextField background colour?

How to capture OracleTextField background colour? In Object Spy it does not display any property that could be used as background colour for this object unlike the webobjects. Please find the attachement that shows the property for the object mentioned above. If I cant find the back ground colour for Oracle object through Spy then what could be the best way to find it if through code. I am not sure Whether UFT supports this or not?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Yes, there is no built-in property or method for the UFT test object OracleTextField.

So please try using the .Object propery for this object to obtain the native properties and methods of the control.

You could also check them in Object Spy under the Native radio button.

Please note that those are native to the control, not the test object supported by UFT.

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

It is not possible to access native object properties for Oracle objects.

However, you can try accessing the object's native properties and retrieve the background colour using the "Java" add-in. For detailed instructions on how to do this, please follow the steps detailed in https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM198068

Kind Regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
Absent Member..

In the Add in I cannot find the Java add in. In the list following it display, please let me know whether it is the correct list.

.net

Active X

Mobile

Oracle

Visual Basic

Web

WPF

Silver Light

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

It seems that you do not have it installed. You need to install it by modifying existing UFT installation. To do so, open "Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs", select UFT from the list, click on <Change> button and select to install the Java add-in from the installation wizard. Please note that you will need to have access to UFT installation media to complete the installation.

Kind Regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I have faced problem with Java, when it is installed on my system it does not allow to interact UFT and Oracle application, so removed  it from my system and then UFT  started spying the objects  and working well. As you suggested if I installed the Java again will it create problem with the UFT and Oracle application.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Java Add-in should not create problems on the Oracle application. You could have interference problems between the Oracle and Java add-ins when testing Oracle applications if both add-ins are loaded during the recording and the record and run settings are not configured correctly. Please make sure to load only one of the two add-ins to record steps against the Oracle application and then both add-ins for replay. 

Kind Regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.