Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to compare images inside a PDF using QTP

Hello,

My requirement is as Follows

i have a base line PDF file. In every new release i have to compare the PDF files contents(Text & images)  with the baselined PDF file contents.

I have acrobat standard V.8 installed in my machine. I am currently able to compare the text using this.

I would like to know how will i compare the images in the pdf.

Please reply to uttra.singh@socgen.com

Thanks in Advance

Uttra Singh

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can use "Bitmap checkpoint" in QTP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

There is an additional Add-in required for working with PDF's using QTP. I guess its called Adobe Flex add-in. This should help you to solve your issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Maybe you can try Exam diff pro. It is a third party tool that you can install on your computer and automate it. You can use your base line and new version and compare it in this tool.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Which version of UFT/QTP do you use.

UFT 12 has introduced a new feature call "insight" recording which can be used to read images.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.