Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to gt back QTP toolbars after closing them - even Menu bar with View is not on the screen

Hi,

I closed some toolbars(even the Menu bar) and now each time I create/load a test, these toolbars are not appearing.How do I get these back,especially Menu bar, so that I could get the rest back?They are appearing on the Start Page,though..

Thanks
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

View->Toolbars

When yo usave the test it should remember your setting when yo uopen it back up.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As the poster states that even the Menu Toolbar is not visible, how would he choose View > Toolbars?

I wonder if the hot keys still work even when the toolbar is not visible?

Try using Alt+V,T, then use the following for the idividual toolbars:
S = Standard
T = Automation
D = Debug
E = Edit
I = Insert
O = Tools
V = View
A = Action
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the replies.I tried Alt V,T but it is not working..need to bring back the Menu bar somehow.
I had even uninstalled and re-installed QTP but even that did not work.Settings are getting stored somewhere,I suppose...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What about Alt + T + O and if you see the options dialog, click Restore Layout.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks and great going!I got a lead from the last answer.Hot keys were not working.But since Menu bar was present in the Start Page,clicked Tools -> Options -> Restore Layout and all toolbars appeared back on the test tabs.Thanks once again!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rhonda, you cant actually delte the menu bar. It was probably just moved and couldnt find it. The menu bar isnt even an option to enable or disable in the view menu.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The key combo is Alt + T then O not all at same time.

That brings up the Options menu where you can choose Restore Layout.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Welcome screen > tools>options>restore layout
works.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.