Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to identify third party custom Dundas control using QTP 9.5

We are evaluating QTP tool for automating a VC++ application. It includes the data grid which is a custom controls of Dundas(Dundas Ultimate DataGrid Control). QTP is identifying these as WinObject, I tried using object identification to mark them as standard controls, but it wont work. We found no additional VC++ add-ins for QTP. Can any one please let me know if there is any other way to automate this.

Any help on this is appreciated.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Qazi Sb plz ask HP and they might be able to help you and care for you too (atleast in the beginning when you are evaluating their product as a potential buyer 🙂

As far as I know you are out of luck.

Thanks,
Atiq
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kazihuzefa, Atually we are facing the same problem as yours. Our application is developed in C++ using ATL and MFC. We have one control from Dundas(Dundas Ultimate DataGrid Control).

Did you get any solution to your problem?If yes, can you share with us? so that it will be helpful.
Any help on this is appreciated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Revathi,

QTP is unable to identify this control irrespective of what ever add-ins you use. We have abondoned our automation efforts involving this grid.

Still if you find any solution then would appreciate if you can share it on this forum for benefit of others.

Regards,
Huzefa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.