Highlighted
walterszr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to make working GUI Test into application that other users can use?

Hello,

I currently have a GUI Test that goes into ALM and exports the Defects into an Excel File which my colleges can then use to generate summaries and charts as they wish.

I am wondering if there is a way to take this test and make it into an application that they can then use without having to open UFT everytime they want to update the list of defects.  

My end goal is to make it so they can push a button and the Excel would be updated with the latest data from ALM.  Is there a way to do this and if so, could you please point me in the right direction?  If you can think of another way this is possible, I would very much appreciate any help you are willing to give!  Thank you very much.

Have a great day,

Zac

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to make working GUI Test into application that other users can use?

First off, are you using QTP/UFT to actually record and replay actions against the ALM UI? That by itself could be problematic.

An alternative would be to write a stand-alone program that uses the ALM OTA API or REST API instead of using UFT.

You could also create macros within Excel itself that would access the ALM APIs to extract the data.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.