Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to run scripts in IE7 or IE8 browsers.

Hi ,

Below are  the details :

QTP version: 11

Windows OS : Windows 7

Browsers: IE 9

Already installed required patches as my script is running fine/successfully in IE9 browsers.

My question is that How can I run same script in IE 7 or IE 8 browser as IE default browser installed is IE 9 ?  How can I change the IE browser version while running script (dynamically )?

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep Singh

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Declare Environment variable and Define the Version value IE 8 or IE 9.

Execute your entire script again.

Regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

Could you please explain in detail ?  How my script will run in IE7 if browser IE9 is installed on machine ,not IE 7?  Where I need to do change so instead of IE9 ,IE7 will run?

thanks & Regards

Pradeep Singh

0 Likes
Absent Member..

once you upgrade to IE8/9 from IE 7, your system will have only one type of version of the browser.
For your testing you have to use seperate machines with IE7 and IE8 and execute the same script in both machines
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.