Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to select specific element in Powerbuilder window using HP UFT

I am trying to record/automate an application developed in Sybase' Powerbuilder. I am currently using HP UFT v12.54.

Using the default recording process, the object spy is only seeing the area on my PB Window, not the specific field/dropdown. In short, I am unable to select a specific object in the window.

Please see image here https://i.stack.imgur.com/Cfo99.jpg

^ Here I am trying to select the [Authorized Signatory] field, but instead, UFT does not see the specific element, but the field area [Customer Data] instead. UFT just references the fields in the area by xy axis, not the specific object. Is this the default behaviour?

Any input would be appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.