Highlighted
New Member.

How to start API Service from UFT

Hi,

I'm a beginner to PI testing via UFT. There is aneed to have API testing with UFT. While seraching for possible solution the only question that remains outstanding to start is - How to start API Service from UFT itself (similar to SoapUI where there is an inbuilt feature to start web-service. The need is due to frequest start-stop of the service while running API tests.

Any suggests/options shall be appreciated.

Regards, Vishal.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: How to start API Service from UFT

Hello Vishal, 

I am running API tests in UFT I use SOAP, REST and BAPI (SAP API's). To create an API test in UFT simply add API Test and in the API test just add either a WSDL or a REST Service (please note that you will need to end point) you can either import from file or paste the HTTP request once UFT accepts the request it will add all the input and export parameters automatically like SOAPUI. Hope this answers your question. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.