Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to use UFT 12.02 Trial version , it is not working for me ?

I downloaded evaluation copy of UFT 12.02, Installed it without any errors

But, I double click and run the tool, it asks me to enter license, but, if I select cancel, the whole application is closed and I am back to square one again, 

How would I run evaluation copy of UFT 12.02 on windows 8 without license

Thank You

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to use UFT 12.02 Trial version , it is not working for me ?

Please rerun the setup and select run license wizard during installation process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It takes to Concurrent License server Wizard and asks to get to this Site :

https://h30580.www3.hp.com/poeticWeb/session/hppHome.htm, to generate the Key. How do we get EON for trial License?

Thanks,

Sarma K

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

What exactly do you see after starting the application?

What I see is a pop-up that says:

License Warning

The software license in use will expire in 30 days.

To continue using Unified Funcitonal Testing once this license expires, you must install a valid license.

Click Continue to work with the current license.

If the trial period (30 days) has not expired, then just click the Continue button to use the product until the trial period does expire.

During the installation exit the Concurrent License wizard without entering anything.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Was this issue ever fixed?

I have the same issue, and cannot find a solution, I can only find multiple forums post with the same issue but no solution

I tried to Contact Support, but they referred to this forum, so we are essentially stuck.

Is there a way to generate a trial license, or someplace we can contact for one?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Did my post not help you?

You can't generate a "trial" license. The whole point of a trial is to not require a license but allow usage for a limited period of time.

Have you had the product installed for more than 30 days?  Uninstalling and reinstalling does not reset the trial period.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

We cannot use trail version on Windows 8 server edition.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Trudy,

We do not see a continue button of anything, only the option to select a license, or cancel

I tried on a machine that never had UFT installed on it before, and I downloaded the trial version about 2 days ago.

Does add-ins require extra licenses? I use the default install settings, but add the Java add-in

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I too installed the UFT 12.02 trial version on windows 8.1 machine without any error. but after starting the UFT it is saying "machine does not have a valid UFt license". how to get license for Trial version?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.