Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I can't connect to ORACLE database

Hi

I always used this Provider= OraOLEDB.Oracle

now I can't connect using it as I see message Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

I don't have admin right and I can't install antything

Is there any other way to connect to Oracle databases?

when I want to use Microsoft ODBC for Oracle I see (attachment)

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: I can't connect to ORACLE database

Hi,

In order to determine if the problem is related to UFT or to the system drivers, could you please confirm that you are able to connect to the database from outside UFT? To do so could you please enter the code in a text editor, save the file with a vbs extension and try to run it (with 32-bit cmd.exe or 32-bit wscript.exe if using a 64-bit operating system)? 

Also, is your system a 64-bit operating system? In that case, please make sure to open the 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator (from "Start -> Run", typing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe and pressing <OK>).

Kind Regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I can access oracle from sql developer...

I installed oracle client and now I have other message:

Saisissez du texte, l'adresse d'un site Web ou importez un document à traduire.

Langue source : Français
ORA-12154: TNS: connection identifier specified could not be resolved (translation from French)

I use this cstring:

"Server=server.db.com:1523;Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=SERVICE NAME;User Id=user;Password=password;" 

In data source I put service name as we don't use SID (which I always used in other places)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Are you using tnsnames.ora file? If yes, please make sure that the file exists in the correct location (<Oracle home directory>\network\admin) and the service name that you are using in the connection string is defined in the file.

Since you are able to connect from SQL Developer, you can also check the connection string used for the connection. It should be stored under "connections.xml" file under %appdata%\SQL Developer\system<version>\o.jdeveloper.db.connection.<version>\. If you cannot find the file, you can also right-click on "Connections" menu in the connections view of SQL Developer, and choose "Export connections".

Finally, is your operating system 32 or 64-bit? Did you install the 32 or 64-bit of Oracle client?

Kind Regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I have 64 bit system

in sql devwloper file i have smoething like this:

<StringRefAddr addrType="hostname">
            <Contents>hostname</Contents>
         </StringRefAddr>
         <StringRefAddr addrType="SavePassword">
            <Contents>false</Contents>
         </StringRefAddr>
         <StringRefAddr addrType="subtype">
            <Contents>oraJDBC</Contents>
         </StringRefAddr>
         <StringRefAddr addrType="customUrl">
            <Contents>jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:1523/service_name</Contents>
         </StringRefAddr>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Are you able to execute the connection statements from an external vbs? To check this, please enter the code in a text editor, save the file with a vbs extension and try to run it (with 32-bit cmd.exe or 32-bit wscript.exe)? If the code cannot be executed then it is likely a problem with the Oracle connection string itself or the Oracle drivers installation. Please see https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00780406 for additional troubleshooting suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

so it is probably string connection itself

but how to build this string without SID name? I have no idea...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

You could try:

Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle; SERVER=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=server.db.com)(PORT=1523))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=service_name)));User Id=user;Password=password;

If it still does not work, could you please contact your DB administrator for details on the correct connection string?

Kind Regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.