Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Identify the Control ID for an Outlook Object

Could anybody help me with identifying the Control ID for an Outlook object e.g. a button?

I'm using Object Spy in UI Automation mode. It returns many values for the object but not Control ID.

Id there a way to return the Control ID using Object Spy or another method?

Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Identify the Control ID for an Outlook Object

Can't you use the Outlook API instead of the GUI?

Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thank you for your assistance.

Unfortunately we do not have the expertise to do it via API. That is why I was hoping to get the Control ID using the Object Spy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Fine. What's operation you want to perform? I can try to help.
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

We want the value for Control ID for the  COM-Add-Ins button which is located on the Developer tab in Outlook 2010.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.