New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Identifying hoverable dropdown - 2

Jump to solution

Hi guys, 

In my previous post. I have told you about UFT object identification error on hoverable dropdown menu. 

In this case I copied my script to another PC and it worked successfully. 

i have no idea 😞   

Only difference that one pc's OS is Windows 8.1 and another one is on Windows 10. I'm using same version of Chrome. 

What i nee d to check on that? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Thanks for your response!

Please follow this steps and let me know the results of this change(for troubleshooting purposes):

• Go to UFT and use the Web add-in
  • Open your GUI test
  • Go to "Tools" and choose "Options", then click on "GUI Testing"
    • Click on the last option "Web" and choose "Advance"
    • Finally, in the option called "Replay type", if you have Event by default change it for the option Mouse but if you have the option Mouse change it for Event.replay type.PNG

Keep in mind that you need to have the object in your view to use this mouse event.

Also will be very helpful if you can show me the code to use your mouse event objects, to understand better the issue.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Hope you are doing very well!

Follow the steps below to check the machine with the issue:

•  Open UFT on the machine with the object identification error.
  • Try to do a spy on the machine. Are you able to see the object repository?
  •  If you aren't able to see it, click on the option to add it.However, if you still have the issue after this change:

• Try to do a spy in both machines and check if you have the same results? Is the structure with Win objects?
  •  Also, you can go to Chrome and check if the UFT agent is installed and enable mode.

Hope this information is useful.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Hello Allison, thank you for reply. 

I've tried your suggestions. This object is spied as same object class on both machine and already enabled hpe functional testing agent on them but still occurs object identification error. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Thanks for the information provided.

Please check these settings that I mention below on your machine:

• The resolution on your computer has a 100%?
  • The zoom on the browser is 100%?
  • The version of the UFT agent in Chrome is the same version than the other machine?

Let me know which OS and build have installed the computer with the object identification error. Also, which version of Chrome are you using?

For testing purposes

Try to create a quick test using Google, then copy the script on the machine with the error and run it. UFT is still facing the issue with this new test?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Hi. These settings you mentioned are configured correctly i think: 

• The resolution on your computer has a 100%? YES
  • The zoom on the browser is 100%? YES
  • The version of the UFT agent in Chrome is the same version than the other machine? same version

I have installed windows 8.1 on the computer with object identification error. (I'm using the same version of Chrome  67.0.3396.99)

Please look out that error occured only mouse event objects but other type of objects are identified correctly.

Thank you 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Thanks for your response!

Please follow this steps and let me know the results of this change(for troubleshooting purposes):

• Go to UFT and use the Web add-in
  • Open your GUI test
  • Go to "Tools" and choose "Options", then click on "GUI Testing"
    • Click on the last option "Web" and choose "Advance"
    • Finally, in the option called "Replay type", if you have Event by default change it for the option Mouse but if you have the option Mouse change it for Event.replay type.PNG

Keep in mind that you need to have the object in your view to use this mouse event.

Also will be very helpful if you can show me the code to use your mouse event objects, to understand better the issue.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Hi Alisson, 

My replay type has been configured to Mouse by default and I changed it to Event. After that, It works fine now 🙂 (however it writes some FireEvent scripts when i record) . 

Thank you for your support . i clicked to accept it as solution. good luck L))

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.