Highlighted
New Member.

Inconsistent test results when running from debugger

I have been trying to use the debugger to identify problems with a test script. I identify a failure from the run results, set a breakpoint near the failure, then run using debug. However, the program fails at an earlier point this time. I set another breakpoint, rerun using debug, and it stops at a still earlier point. I tried setting the run mode to Normal (it had been Fast) thinking that might solve the problem, but it did not.  What could be going on?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

If you are unsure of the exact point where the test fails (or the failure point is inconsistent) I would try running the test in debug mode using "Step Into" so that you execute one step at a time pressing F11 key and can analyse the effect of each statement in the application. There might be some synchronism problem or some issue with the data exchanged with the application which would explain the differences in the execution.

Kind Regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Keep  checking whether correct  values are passing to variables & objects in Watch pane(select the variable and  Press Cntl+T)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is very problmatic issue with UFT. You will get "ERROR HRRESULTS ....." in watch window and UFT stucks. Again need to kill the process to launch the UFT. I spoke with couple of HP folks they identified problem and provided dlls in 11.5 UFT version, BUt still we are observing same issue in 12.51 and 12.52

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.