Inconsistent test results when running from debugger
I have been trying to use the debugger to identify problems with a test script. I identify a failure from the run results, set a breakpoint near the failure, then run using debug. However, the program fails at an earlier point this time. I set another breakpoint, rerun using debug, and it stops at a still earlier point. I tried setting the run mode to Normal (it had been Fast) thinking that might solve the problem, but it did not. What could be going on?
If you are unsure of the exact point where the test fails (or the failure point is inconsistent) I would try running the test in debug mode using "Step Into" so that you execute one step at a time pressing F11 key and can analyse the effect of each statement in the application. There might be some synchronism problem or some issue with the data exchanged with the application which would explain the differences in the execution.
This is very problmatic issue with UFT. You will get "ERROR HRRESULTS ....." in watch window and UFT stucks. Again need to kill the process to launch the UFT. I spoke with couple of HP folks they identified problem and provided dlls in 11.5 UFT version, BUt still we are observing same issue in 12.51 and 12.52