Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Install UFT 14.02 on a PC that had previously had UFT 12.52 and run in trial mode

Jump to solution

I'm trying to install a trial version of UFT 14.02 on a PC that previously had version 12.52 installed (and has be de-intsalled) that connected to our autopass licence server (v9.0), but I can't get the trial version to run. It detects the licence server and indicates there are no valid license available. There are licences available but these would be for version UFT V12.
Is there any way of getting the new UFT V14.02 to bypass the license server and run in trial mode ?
I don't really want to update the licence server with updated V14 licenses until I have evaluated v14 standalone. I also don't want o have to request a new PC or VM to conduct the trial.
Does anybody know how I can get UFT V14 to run on the existing PC which had v12 installed previously ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Install UFT 14.02 on a PC that had previously had UFT 12.52 and run in trial mode

Jump to solution

You cannot install a trial version on a machine where a previous trial version has expired.

There is something hidden in the registry to prevent this.

Also v12 & v14 have different licensing software and the old Sentinal license software is not compatible by the new licesing software.

Mark Smith.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Install UFT 14.02 on a PC that had previously had UFT 12.52 and run in trial mode

Jump to solution

You may try to switch the license to seated license by using the license wizard. And see if it will enable the demo license.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

You cannot install a trial version on a machine where a previous trial version has expired.

There is something hidden in the registry to prevent this.

Also v12 & v14 have different licensing software and the old Sentinal license software is not compatible by the new licesing software.

Mark Smith.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Mark (Sperk)
I was hoping the UFT V14 would detect one of the V12.52 licences we have and run with that if it didn't run the demo version.

(N.B it's version of UFT before 12.50 that run Sentinel licence software.)

It's looking moe like I'm going to need to get our IT support guys to give me a new image on the PC or VM.)

Thanks again

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Jerry

I tried that earlier but with no joy :-(.

It's looking like my 'quick' test of UFT V14.02 needs a 'new' image with no previous trace of UFT.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.