ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Internet Explorer does not work with QTP

I have problem with Internet explorer and QTP.I cannot open Explorer when I have QTP open.
Does any one have the same problem,if so can I please know how to fix it?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you post versions of your QTP, IE and Operating System?..and also what add-ins you are loading when you bring up QTP?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QTP version 9.2
IE 6
Windows XP Professional.

I am loading Active X, Visual Basic and Web.

Also, I cannot open sample mercury tour application through I.E for recording.
It works fine with Firefox though.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had the problem once. Try running the bat file. Id that doesnt work you may need to reinstall QTP. Also, did you install QTP with the same user you are running from and does that user have admin rights?

C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin\QuickTestProfessional.bat

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Make sure you have atleast Service Pack 1 installed on IE 6.0.

If you have Windows Live Toolbar installed on Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and tabbed browsing enabled:

Disable tabbed browsing in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 by clicking the Change Windows Live Toolbar Options button in the Windows Live Toolbar. Then, in the left pane of the displayed dialog box, click the Tabbed Browsing link and clear the Turn on Tabbed browsing check box.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have service pack 2 installed on my machine.

Also, I installed the application with the same ID Iam running it from and I do have admin access.

I did run the bat file from C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin.

Also uninstalled and Installed QTP but still doesn't work.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Instaed,

try re-installing IE. And set the appopriate IE settings

I once did and was lukcy. But, in my case IE use to open and then hang.. 😞

All The Best
Rgds,
Shivaram
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you have any IE add-ins installed such as Google Toolbar? QC doesn't play well with these. If so, try uninstalling them.
0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi all,
We have the same problem, but we recognized, that this problem only occur on our notebooks! ???
Our QTP (9.5) works well on PCs.

i think, it is a memory problem.
Bye,
Mark

Product name: QuickTest Professional

Product version: 9.5

Product ID: QTPRPID9.5/01

Product build: 194

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer version: 6.0.2900.2180

Quality Center connectivity: 9.2.0.4862

Add-in Information:

Name

ActiveX
Java
Terminal Emulators
Visual Basic
Web
Web Services

Hotfix and Patch Information:

Name

QTP_00539 for HP QuickTest Professional 9.50 QFE

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Hi
Try to launch QTP with ActiveX & Web Add ins it's not causing any problem but if u r trying ActiveX & VB Add ins Causing this problem and there is a patch on HP Site try to install that to solve this problem.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Were you able to get it work for you? I am getting same issue. I can't get Internet Explorer and QTP to work together.

Please let me know what worked for you so that I can do the same.

Thanks.
Mona
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi
Try to open QTP without ActiveX addin.
There is a patch available for this problem for qtp9.2

Sreekanth
see http://learnqtpeasy.blogspot.com
for more details
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.