iamcodylee Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is UFT 11.50 compatible with ALM 11 patch 12?

the patch of my ALM is 11, 

the version of ALM is 11.0.0.7885,

the version of my UFT is 11.50

I was using UFT 11.50 to work with ALM 11 these day,

but always get stuck in weird probs which might cause ALM or UFT,  but am not sure,

are there some compatible probs b/w my tools? 

Thanks..

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Is UFT 11.50 compatible with ALM 11 patch 12?

According to this KM
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1389212

UFT 11.50 is compatible with ALM 11.0 patch 10 and newer.

UFT has had three minor version upgrades (11.51, 11.52, 11.53). You may want to consider upgrading your UFT application. Note though that newer versions of UFT may require newer patches on your ALM system. See the KM I referenced.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
iamcodylee Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, do you know what's the difference of SP and patch for ALM 11?

I noticed that ALL SP3 has released..

by the way, I now have a trial version, so unable to access to the site you given, thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Where did you see notification that "SP3" is released, and which product and version is that for?

I don't have a good definition for a patch vs. a service pack. Both are usually cumulative, including all fixes from previous patches and service packs. With service packs there is usually a change in the minor version number, for example changing the version number of UFT from 11.50 to 11.53. A patch usually doesn't change that version number, but may change the lower-level build number. I think patches also tend to contain "less". When a significant number of fixes have accumulated, a Service Pack is released. Then subsequent patches may require you to already be up to a certain service pack level.

In order to access the URL I provided you do have to have a valid support contract with HP.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.