Member.

Issue while integrating Test Cases : HP UFT <--> HP ALM

Hi,

I am working on a Testautomation Solution using HP UFT (Version 14.53) & HP ALM (Version 12.50) and I have a strange Issue. 

Each time I save the Testcases From UFT into HP ALM Test Plan using my ALM User, I can see the TestCase and the Steps etc. in HP ALM, but ALM reminds me that the Testcase is currently locked by the ALM User and therefore cannot be edited.
Since the Testcase is initially in status "Design", I need to change the TestCase status to "Accepted" so that it can be imported into a Test Set in the ALM Test Lab, therefore I either log out the User from UFT or shutdown UFT. But later when I start UFT and Log in to ALM, UFT is unable to load the Test Case from ALM. The Error Message is given below.

'GUITest1' did not load correctly. Cannot resolve the missing asset. Make sure that the computer can access:
[ALM] Subject\TestAutomation\UFT\GUITest1 [Unavailable]
If the missing asset is stored in Micro Focus ALM, make sure that UFT is connected to the relevant project.

Since my  original Testcases have multiple Actions, I tried to create a simple Test Case with a single Action and saved it to HP ALM, but I get the same Error message every time I start UFT.It seems like something goes wrong during the Loading of the Testcase from ALM, but I dont get more Information than this. Any hints/ideas regarding this would appreciated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.