Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Issues with datatables loaded from ALM ressources

Hello,

I am using UFT 12.52  with tests stored and launched from ALM 11.52 (for SAP tests, but that's not really relevant).

I have a test that calls actions stored in other tests. The input data for every actions is stored in the local datatable. I loaded a datatable in the test ressources  and set the test to use this datatable (in test plan => test config).

When i run the test from test lab, i get errors saying my columns do not exist in the datatable.

The way i obtained my datatable is the following : I developped on UFT, and i have an export excel action. SO i took a datatable exported from UFT, and this is what i am using as a template.

When i am on UFT and want to change the datas, i use the import file feature (right click on datatable on UFT), i noticed that UFT doesn't really care about the sheet names but it sets the data in the second sheet of excel in the second sheet of UFT. So i made sure that the datatable i uploaded to ALM was importing the right sheets in the right place when using the feature import file in UFT.

I can provide the datatable i am using, but i'm not sure this is really useful as it's just and Excel file.

Thanks a lot for any input or solution you can help me with,

regards,

Cédric.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please let me know the ALM Patch level and also if you have a patch installed for UFT 12.52.

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02046958

** Between patch 2 and between patch 2 and patch 4 you must install the MS Redistributable 2005 to use the UFT Add -in for ALM.

regards,

Ruddy Alvarez H.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find thst aat this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the pond show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi,

I have MS redistribuable 2008, but i don't think the problem comes from the add-in as i don't have any issue to upload the ressource, see the reports and launche the tests.

My ALM version info is the following : 

HP Application Lifecycle Management
Application Lifecycle Management Edition 11.52.496

Internal Components Build

OTA Client 11.52.496.0
User Interface 11.52.496.0
WebGate Client 11.52.496.0
Test Run Scheduler 11.52.496.0
Site Administration Client 11.52.496.0
Sprinter 11.50.496
Analysis Extension 11.50.496
Quality Center 11.50.496

For UFT, It is version 12.52 build 6851

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.