Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Iteration pass even step in iteration fail

Hello,

I created simple script for demo purpose (Open URL - Login - Logout), 3 iteration (1st with correct credential, 2nd with wrong credential, 3rd with correct credential).

After Login I use checkpoint if I can see link "Log Out". Because in the demo I know that this is going to fail in second iteration I handled this check by condition to prevent failure of whole script

If Browser("X").Page("X").Link("Log Out").exist(5) = True Then

Else
Reporter.ReportEvent micFail,"Login Failed", "Login Failed"
ExitTestIteration

End If

When I run this script in ALM (on host) it return 

• Run Fail status - this is correct - second iteration has a failed step
  • Step Fail status - this is correct - only step to check "Log Out" in second iteration is failed
  • Iteration Passed status - all iteration are Passed even step in 2nd iteration is failed.

I would like to ask for any help how to send Iteration failed as a end of iteration

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Which version of the UFT are you using?

Could you zip and upload the test result for our reference?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I created a case to MF support and I got explanation.

Iteration pass because it follows more like syntax error. It means that it did not check if iteration step failed but it check if iteration proceed to end. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.