Highlighted
New Member.

LeanFT Setup Stuck in an Infinite Loop

Hello,

I am trying to re-install LeanFT into my machine but when I attempt to launch the LeanFTSetup.app, an error message pops up saying "One or more newer versions of the product are already installed. An upgrade is not applicable." I click Abort, but the launcher continues to pop up. Force quiting does not work from the Activity Monitor either so I have to reboot my Macbook. See attached for the error message.

I believe the cause is because I uninstalled my previous LeanFT application improperly (the uninstaller was not working and I ended up drag and dropping to trash-- now I know this is definitely not the right solution...). Can someone kindly advise on how I can fix this issue and install a clean version of LeanFT on my machine?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello,

This problem has caused, as you said, by improper LeanFT's uninstall.

To overcome this problem please delete the following: 

1. /Applications/LeanFT
  2. <user home folder>/Library/ApplicationSupport/LeanFT
  3. /Library/Application Support/.LeanFT
  4. /Library/Application Support/LeanFT
  5. Manually remove the safari ext from the browser
  6. ~/Library/Preferences/.com.zerog.registry.xml 

Then, reinstall LeanFT.

Should you need anything else, please let me know.

Vika

Regards,
Vika Milgrom
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi, unfortunately I encountered the same issue 😞
I installed LeanFT 14.01 on my MacBook Pro with High Sierra and after I had some issues with Java and license activation, I tried first to repair the installation and after this did not work to uninstall LeanFT. As this crashed without reason, I removed the application manually and tried to do a new installation. Unfortunately the setup tool always tells me that I already have a version installed, in some cases in a never ending loop. Removing the Paths above did not help as the installation failes even if the described paths are not existing 😞

Can you help me with this? Thank you!

Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Vika,

I have followed the instructions you've provided and deleted all folders but I am still prompted that LeanFT is still installed when attempting to reinstall. Any ideas? 

I am currently running Mojave as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hello,

Can you please try and delete the file the below file and try to  install again?
Please note the path is from the root folder and that the file is hidden.

/Library/Preferences/.com.zerog.registry.xml

Thank you,
Yaron

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.