Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Leanft 14.03 com.hp.lft.sdk.GeneralLeanFtException: An Internal problem has occurred,

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using LeanFT 14.03. And I using Jenkins to launch a Desktop AUT tool on a windows machine without using slave for jenkins.

com.hp.lft.sdk.GeneralLeanFtException: An Internal problem has occurred, please make sure the LeanFT sdk was properly initialized.
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.internal.CommunicationClientImpl.send(CommunicationClientImpl.java:72)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.Desktop$1.invoke(Desktop.java:85)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.Desktop$1.invoke(Desktop.java:70)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.internal.TestObjectOperationWrapper.executeWithEvents(TestObjectOperationWrapper.java:120)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.internal.TestObjectOperationWrapper.executeWithEvents(TestObjectOperationWrapper.java:97)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.Desktop.launchAut(Desktop.java:94)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.Desktop.launchAut(Desktop.java:56)

And i am getting this error. I am having 14.03 on all the machines.

When I say using Jenkins without slave, in my pipeline script I am mentioning 

environment {
def LFT_ADDRESS='ws://xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx.com:5095'
}

so that the test is executed on that machine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Leanft 14.03 com.hp.lft.sdk.GeneralLeanFtException: An Internal problem has occurred,

Jump to solution

Figured out the problem. I hadnt updated LEANFT_INSTALLATION\lwe\lightweight-engine\config\config.json 

"connection-mode": "remote-nonsecured",

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Leanft 14.03 com.hp.lft.sdk.GeneralLeanFtException: An Internal problem has occurred,

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Could also try to reproduce this scenario without Jenkins on the same machines?

That way we could check if the issue is in LeanFT or something with the Jenkins integration.

Regards,

Anton

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am not having access to view this url you have provided.

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Archived-Quality-and-Testing/Integrating-LeanFT-with-Jenkins-in-just-a-few-simple-steps/ba-p/247321#.W5g0puhKjIU

And to your other question, without Jenkins there are no issues in executing the script

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

com.hp.lft.sdk.GeneralLeanFtException: An Internal problem has occurred, please make sure the LeanFT sdk was properly initialized.
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.internal.CommunicationClientImpl.send(CommunicationClientImpl.java:72)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.Desktop$1.invoke(Desktop.java:85)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.Desktop$1.invoke(Desktop.java:70)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.internal.TestObjectOperationWrapper.executeWithEvents(TestObjectOperationWrapper.java:120)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.internal.TestObjectOperationWrapper.executeWithEvents(TestObjectOperationWrapper.java:97)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.Desktop.launchAut(Desktop.java:94)
	at com.hp.lft.sdk.Desktop.launchAut(Desktop.java:44)

Here is my pipeline script

pipeline 
{
agent any

environment {
def LFT_ADDRESS='ws://xxxxx:5095'
}

tools {
jdk 'JAVA_8'
maven 'Maven 3.3.9'
nodejs 'NodeJS-6.9.2'
}

stages
{
stage('Checking out the code') 
{
steps 
{
checkout changelog: false, poll: false, scm: [$class: 'GitSCM', branches: [[name: '*/master']], doGenerateSubmoduleConfigurations: false, extensions: [], submoduleCfg: [], userRemoteConfigs: [[credentialsId: 'xxxx', url: 'git@gitlabxxxx.git']]]
}
}

stage('Execute Tests') 
{
steps 
{
withCredentials([usernamePassword(credentialsId: 'xxxx', passwordVariable: 'xxx', usernameVariable: 'xxx')])
{
echo "Build and Test"
sh 'mvn -f pom.xml -s "settings.xml" -gs "settings.xml" compile install -U test'
} 
}

}
}
}

My autConfig.json content

{
"allowedAuts": [
{
"fileName": "C:\\launch.bat"
}
]
}

LeanFt Code

Desktop.launchAut("C:\\Launch.bat");

If I execute this from a machine, it is launching fine. But when I execute via Jenkins, it gives LeanFt error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Figured out the problem. I hadnt updated LEANFT_INSTALLATION\lwe\lightweight-engine\config\config.json 

"connection-mode": "remote-nonsecured",

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.