Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
6273 views

License Error: A valid HP Service Test license could not be found.

Jump to solution

I am forced to use UFT on some VM's and they work pretty good, but occasionally I get this error.

License Error

A valid HP Service Test license could not be found.

To use HP Service Test you must install a valid license and then restart HP Service Test.

        Install License              Cancel

 

If I click the Install License button and re-enter our ALM server address it says successful and to restart the App.  I do and still get the License Error.

 

Rebooting the VM does fix the issue but because I don't have access to reboot this vm "only log-off" I have to submit a ticket to request the VM admin to do it.

I have already tried the WlmAdmin and it shows we have licenses available so I know that's not the problem.  Any other ideas on what might be going on so I don't have to deal with this anymore?

 

Thanks,

Mike

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Looks like it is a Corrupted file that was causing my problems.  The file is stored in AppData that saves the RDP connection information if you Check the box within UFT to Allow UFT to continue running GUI or business process tests after disconnecting from an RDP computer.

After deleting that file, UFT opens fine and the file is automatically re-created but without any credentials stored in it.

%AppData%\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\UFT\ConfigurationUI\UFTConfigurationUI.xml

I still am not sure why that is getting corrupted, but deleting it gets me back up and going without having to have the Admin reboot the boxes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Mike,

 

Try creating these two Environment variables : LSHOST and LSFORCEHOST on the machine where UFT is installed and setting their value with the IP address of the machine where the license service is running.

 

Hope it helps!

 

 

 

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I had the LSFORCEHOST, but not the LSHOST. 

I got the boxes rebooted by the Admin, So for now I'm back up and working.  Next time this happens I'll try adding the LSHOST, if that doesn't work, I'll switch them from the server name to the IP address.  If that doesn't work, I'll be back.

 

Thanks Mihai!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I am having the error again,

 

I tried

  • added the LSHOST with the server address and that diddn't help
  • Switched the existing LSFORCEHOST and the new LSHOST to the ip address and that also didn't work.

 

There is another person that uses these boxes and she is able to log into the same box and open UFT without a problem so I'm thinking this MUST be a profile issue.

Any ideas?

 

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Mike,

 

When the error occurs please verify if a connection can be established between the license server and the client computer you're using (Start -> type cmd -> telnet server_name_or_ip port). The port used by UFT to connect to the license server is UDP 5093 (and it should be bidirectional).

Also, make sure that the LSERVRC system variable is not set on the client computer. The LSERVRC variable is used for seat licenses and may have been created for the demo license when UFT was installed.

 

Hope this helps!

 

 

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Telnet is not installed, but the WlmAdmin tool is able to connect to the license server and see all the connections so I'm assuming with that there is no problem with the IP/Port connection from this box to the server.

I checked and there is no LSERVRC Env Variable.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Looks like it is a Corrupted file that was causing my problems.  The file is stored in AppData that saves the RDP connection information if you Check the box within UFT to Allow UFT to continue running GUI or business process tests after disconnecting from an RDP computer.

After deleting that file, UFT opens fine and the file is automatically re-created but without any credentials stored in it.

%AppData%\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\UFT\ConfigurationUI\UFTConfigurationUI.xml

I still am not sure why that is getting corrupted, but deleting it gets me back up and going without having to have the Admin reboot the boxes.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.