Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

License issue after uninstalling 12.02 and installing other version 12.52

HI,

I got an issue after installing UFT 12.52. Earlier we were using 12.02 in our environment with concurrent license. We recently migrated to UFT 12.52. with UFT 12.52 when trying to connect to license server unable to register with license server. But UFT 12.02 possible to connect ot license server.

I checked in "HELP" of UFT. it is mentioned that AutoPass License server is required for UFT 12.52. So, i downloaded the Full Installation from the HP site.For this i have couple of Questions.

Q1. How to upgrade may old license server to Autopass Licenser server?

Q2. After upgrade to AutoPass License server, does it support UFT 12.02?

Appreciated i any one can give me the details of steps to perform to upgrade to Auto pass License server.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: License issue after uninstalling 12.02 and installing other version 12.52

Your old license server will not work, so you will have to setup the server afresh. There is a autopass server setup guide(PDF file) that comes along with the full installation package. You can go throught that and set it up.

Not sure if you can use autopass license on UFT 12.02 or not. Once you setup the server and try it out, please let us know.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

As mentioned earlier, the licensing mechanism is completely different in UFT 12.50 and greater so you'll need a new license server running AutoPass, as well as a new concurrent license from HP (i.e. upgrade your existing UFT concurrent licenses and install on new autopass server).

Autopass will not support UFT versions under v12.50.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Q1. How to upgrade may old license server to Autopass Licenser server?

Check this out:
How to upgrade Sentinel Licenses to HP Autopass Licenses?
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01765816

Q2. After upgrade to AutoPass License server, does it support UFT 12.02?

No.
Autopass will work with UFT 12.5x and above
Sentinel will work with UFT 12.02 and earlier

More info?
Considerations regarding Unified Functional Testing 12.50 and HP Autopass licensing mechanism
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01748651

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.