Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

License key error after Server clone UFT 12.51

Here is what I did, or was trying todo. I created a server to run UFT on host sap-qtp1, I installed 1 seat license, and everything was great. So I cloned that server, so I could just install the 2nd seat license without having to re-setup the vm. I then created the sap-qtp2 host and took the new lock code to install on the  2nd server.

The 2nd server took the license key, but now gives me a message everytime I logon now that the license is invalid. I uninstalled UFT 12.51, rebooted and installed again, but I still get the same lock code and tried to use the same .dat license file, no luck.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

License keys are based on the locking code. When you cloned to make the second VM and got a locking code from that VM, did you submit that locking code to get a license key that would work with it?

The way you wrote your post it sounds like you got two seat licenses keys before you got the second system's locking code.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Trudy,

Thanks for the idea, but I had already un-installed UFT again and got the locking code (which was the same that i registered the 2nd key for), and even after a new install, it still failed. I have a message open with support as well.

Jon

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.