Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

My Installation Process (Problem with UFT 12.X and ALM)

Hello,

We are still on QC 11.5 and these are the steps we need to take to make sure everything works correctly. I know there has to be a way to make the installation process a lot easier. I could be missing something, but I have tried multiple times to get 12.0X to work right that I just reverted back to this old method. Step 2 is where most of the problems happen installing straight from 12.0X. That's where the prereqs for 11.5 are needed for ALM to work correctly.

Installing UFT 12

**(Do ALL of the steps if UFT was NEVER installed, mostly NEW VM's)

**(Skip to step 4 if you're upgrading from UFT 11.5)

1. Run Uft 11.5 setup.exe for the prereqs FIRST (This is needed for BPT to work)
    - The part where you need to install about 7 additional applications before installing UFT.
    - Once that's done, it will ask you to install UFT 11.5. Click CANCEL!
    - DO NOT install UFT 11.5. We just need the prereq applications for 11.5
2. Install BPT_for_ALM.msi
3. Install ALM Broswer.exe or use InternetExplorer (not recommended) and connect to the server listed below
    - Edit ALM Browser shortcut:
 - Right click shortcut, click properties
 - add http://<server> at end of Target
 - Example: "<Path of shortcut>" http://<server>
 * Don't forget the space after the last quote
4. Run Setup.exe for UFT 12.01 or .02
    - After installation run UFT
    - Install License
    - Concurrent License: <license> (UFT should close)
    - Reopen UFT
    - Make sure Web addin is the only one checked
    - Go to Tools > Options > GUI Testing > Test Runs > And make sure "Allow other HP products..." is CHECKED
5. If you get a connection error when running tests on QC:
    - Reinstall BPT_for_ALM
    - Make sure UFT is licensed
    - Make sure "Allow other HP products..." is CHECKED

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: My Installation Process

Hi Shanep2300,

For ALM I am not sure, but for UFT you may follow the Installation Guide:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01290356 

Regards.

Juan 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Getting an internal error

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Please try opening the file attached here.

-Juan 

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: My Installation Process (Problem with UFT 12.0X an ALM)

Thank you for that file.

I guess the only problem is that I can't get 12.0X to connet to ALM without first installing the 11.5 prereqs and the BPT for ALM I got with that 11.5 installation. Because I tried all the new plugins for UFT 12 and nothing seemed to work or install.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Shanep2300,

Please remember ALM plugin for UFT 12.x most of the times is installed automatically, did you check if it is installed?

You may check UFT setup installer on the Add-ins installation wizard page. 

Regards.

-Juan 

Highlighted
Absent Member..

I installed 12.02 on a clean VM and I made sure that the ALM Plugin was installed this time. Using the ALM Browser to run a test I get the error pictured below. And this error pops up in the Automatic Runner:

"The BPT remote agent application shut down unexpectedly. Refer to the BPT Remote Agent logs for more information".

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.