Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My QTP test is running twice!!! Even if the "Run One Iteration Only" option is selected.

P test 

0 Likes
14 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I came across the same issue using QTP v9.2 since I did not have the Run One iteration Only option selected.  After reading Alex's explanation and making changes in Settings my test ran once only.

Thanks Alex.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi All,

I am using UFT 12.54. I have started using this software yesterday. Firstly, I wrote scripts of launching an application which worked fine. 

Next, I tried Parameterizing username and password using Datatable which also worked fine. 

Now, I am trying to read username and password from an Excel file. Excel file has only 3 rows. I am able to fetch values from the file but script runs 2 times, giving message in print log as:

User 1 Details

Username : jojo
Password : bean

User 1 Details

Username : jojo
Password : bean

I changed the Action Call Properties to "Run One iteration only", still script runs twice.

Then, I inserted a breakpoint, now it is running only once but this is not a permanent solution.

Can anyone suggest any other solution?

Regards,

Sachin

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

not sure if you've solved this problem or not. 

i was having the same, when i used to  have massive excel books, but that happens in UFT 11.52

so i downgraded to 11.51 it seems to resolved the problem. but not sure which one is source of proble,

you could clean up the format of your excel and re-orgenize your frame work to see if it helps .

if it doesn't try it in diffrent UFT.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.