Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need to Move HP UFT 11.5 Licenses Without Support Contract

I recently started a new job where I am leading the QA team. The company has 2 seat licenses of UFT but they are on different computers and I need to get those licenses moved to my computer and 1 other.

Am I able to get those moved without buying a full support contract?

I am just trying to get the team moved into Automation and it would be hard to convince the business to put more money into a tool that has never been used.

If I can get UFT operational on the right computers without a major outlay, then we will use that tool to begin automation.  I will use the progress we make on it over the next few months to justify buying a suppport contract as I prefer to have support and upgrades available. Otherwise, it may be just as economical to use this opportunity to purchase a different automation tool and just chalk this up to a learning experience for the business.

Thanks

Patrick

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Need to Move HP UFT 11.5 Licenses Without Support Contract

You cannot move UFT licenses from one system to another. The license key is created using a locking code that is unique to the system where UFT is installed. Every machine creates a unique locking code.

How did the company originally obtain the license keys? You could try to recontact that entity and see if they can help you get two new license keys. Tell them purchase of a support contract is dependent on it.

The only other alternative is to use the product on the new machines under the 30 day trial period. Note that when the period expires you can't simply reinstall the product on the same machine to get another 30 days. You would have to install it on a different machine to get another 30 days.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.