barrydoran
New Member.

Newbie Trying to find correct client -> ALM Add In, is there a standalone?

Hi, I appreciate this is a really vague question.

I work for a company and I currently use ALM.

However, Im detached from the IT function and reduced to requested software via a ticketing system.

I have nbo contact to the team that supports ALM.

I can see UFT is availabel to install on my desktop ( as UFT add in for ALM ).

Is this actually the UFT Client? I access ALM ( Quality Center ) via a browser, so nothing local on my machine.

I'm wonderin gif there is actually alocal client I should install instead?

The ALM ADD In has been installed and does absolutely nothing. other than giving me a meu option "Run Results Viewer" -> which doesnt work.

See I said it was vague..

Yes My company IT should be more hep, but this is what happens when you build silos and use ticketing systems. "who thought that was a good idea???"

Any help most appreciated

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Newbie Trying to find correct client -> ALM Add In, is there a standalone?

Hello barrydoran,

Unfortunately the ALM addon is just a component that allows us to integrate UFT and ALM. We need to install it in order be able to connect UFT and ALM for test execution, creating and saving tests and multiple options. This addin does not include the UFT IDE as is in a complete different installation package,

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.