Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Not able to connect to uft license server from docker container

Jump to solution

I am able to connect to uft license server from the host but while trying from the docker container, which shares the same network as the host, not able to connect it

the error says 

C:\Program Files(x86)\Micro Focus\Unified Functional Testing\bin > HP.UFT.LicenseInstall.exe licenses server:5814 

cannot  connect to license server please check your network connection 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.
Yes, you were right. I was under a VPN connection, the container could not access the license server as it was not sharing the VPN network. I changed the docker IP in the docker daemon and rebuilt my image. It worked, I am able to access the server and installed the license successfully!!!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you first validate there is indeed connectivity to license server from the container? ping to the server to see results.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.
Yes, you were right. I was under a VPN connection, the container could not access the license server as it was not sharing the VPN network. I changed the docker IP in the docker daemon and rebuilt my image. It worked, I am able to access the server and installed the license successfully!!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

@smaity do you have any steps documented or a link to do this? I've tried changing IP but still unsuccessful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

@ManishChristian  are you able to ping the license server from your container? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

@smaity, no I can't. I am not able to connect to VPN from container and that is why I was wondering if you have steps or link that I can follow to change the IP to make it working. FYI, I am using Docker for Windows. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

this is where you put your IP address and a range, this IP should match to the IP your VPN has allotted to your host, once you do an apply restart, your images will be deleted and you need to rebuild all your images, so it advisable that you push your image to the hub and then perform this action. 

once you rebuild your image please try pinging to your license server from inside the container. 

let me know if you need any further assistance.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thank you so much @smaity, I will check and update you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.
@smaity, are you using Docker on Linux box? Because it seems your suggested solution is NOT working for my Docker for Windows setup.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

No, I used windows container, can you elaborate on the error you are getting?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

To add few more info points:

• If I add "bip" entry and try to apply and restart Docker, it is failing to restart and gives me only reset Docker option.
  • I can ping license server IP from within the container.
  • And it gives me "License installed successfully" message after I install license.
  • But whenever I run any script, it gives me error msg "Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing: Neither QTP license nor UFT license is installed, can?t run QTP Automation."

I hope this will help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.