Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Not able to perform operation on Edit Box of Login for my application using UFT which is done by TC.

Hi,

My application is a dekstop application and based on C++, .Net and VB. I am unable to perform any action on the Login of application (which is common interface for all apps) though it can be easily done using TestComplete tool. Object Spy is able to recognise the elements such as edit box and button but while recording or running the scripts it fails to do so.

Please assist me with this on an urgent basis, as I have very limited time to choose amongst both the tools. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Not able to perform operation on Edit Box of Login for my application using UFT which is done by

hi, there

it is most likely the Record and Run setting for the Test is not correct. When you have a UFT GUITest, please first open the Record and Run Setting from the menu (under Run as I remember) and configure the windows application. Usually, you can just select 'Record and Run on Any Windows application' to make a simple setting work for all. After that, you may open the application you want to automate and start record\replay.

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Not able to perform operation on Edit Box of Login for my application using UFT which is done by

Hi.

Which UFT version are you using?
Please make sure you are loading UFT first, then your application under test...

Please make sure you are loading UDT with the correct Add-Ins loaded, i.e. .Net , VB etc...

When UFT is loaded open your app, and perform a spy over a known VB object. Make sure thet UFT indeed identifies it as a Visual Basic object and not a "WinObject"

Give us your thoughts...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Have you tried Insight recording mode?

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi James,

Thanks for your response, but I already tried to record in the same record settings as you mentioned.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Liorde,

Thanks for your response. UFT Version is 12.50.

Since there is no point of communication with the dev team so the technology stack for every application cannot be determined individually, I extracted this info from testcomplete as it has a feature where it states the technology of the opened application on system.

I have already taken care of all the points mentioned by you. Please let me know if you have anything else.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reponse. I did try Insight recording and yes it was not blank, though it recorded all steps but was unable to rerun as it failed while recognizing the objects.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. In this case, maybe you can try low-level recording? It should recognize everything, as long as you have the right R&R settings, as WinObject and can perform click and type.

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.