Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

OTA library to read and import Excel files from TestLab Module(QC 10 ) into QTP script

Helo, I want to keep all my test data in one common location within QC 10 and I decided to keep them in TestLab module under project folder.  Instead of modifying data sheet within QTP script I want to request my customers to update the test data.

I imagine there should be a OTA library to find and import the excel into my QTP data sheet.

I am doing QTP after a long time that too OTA interaction which is pretty new to me.

Can any one of you guide me or sample code how to read from TestLab module within QC 10.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

With ALM QC v11 and QTP v11 I use the QTP function "Datatable.ImportSheet" to import an Excel file stored in ALM in the Resources section of the Test Plan module.  In the Resources section files are stored as independent entities (like Tests in the Test Plan section) rather than as attachments to something else.

QC v10 doesn't appear to have the Resources section.  And I don't think you can store a file in QC 10 except as an attachment to another entity, so I'm not sure if the same function would work for you.

I don't have any experience using the QC OTA API to get at Attachments, but as I recall there is support in there for that.  I can't help with the details, unfortunately.

Good luck!

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.