Object Identification Center not launching in Eclipse from LeanFT -> Selenium
Launching the Object Identification Center (OIC) in Eclipse (MARS) from LeanFT -> Selenium.
While launching the OIC, window opens and closes immediately.
Can you please see if the following steps are solving your issue?
- If the IDE is running, close it
- Navigate to: %localappdata%\Hewlett-Packard\LeanFT\Preferences
- Delete the files called OICLeanFTSettings.json and OICSeleniumSettings.json
- Launch the IDE again and open OIC.
Let me know if it's working now. The reason for this is that in some cases these two settings files can get corrupted, so deleting the files should trigger re-creation of the files.
Thanks Adelin. Steps provided by you worked for me.I am able to open the OIC (Selenium).
But I am unable to launch the IE browser using browser launcher, but the same works well with chrome. Could you please help me in resolving this issue?
The problem you descirbe could be related to the required IE configuration by the IE webdriver. It seems unrelated to LeanFT Spy OIC.
Most common configuration that should be set in the IE's settings is the protected mode which should be the same for all security zone.
Please take a look on the Required Configuration for the IE browser in order to work with IE webdrover (has taken from the Selenium website).
- The IEDriverServer exectuable must be downloaded and placed in your PATH.
- On IE 7 or higher on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must set the Protected Mode settings for each zone to be the same value. The value can be on or off, as long as it is the same for every zone. To set the Protected Mode settings, choose "Internet Options..." from the Tools menu, and click on the Security tab. For each zone, there will be a check box at the bottom of the tab labeled "Enable Protected Mode".
- Additionally, "Enhanced Protected Mode" must be disabled for IE 10 and higher. This option is found in the Advanced tab of the Internet Options dialog.
- The browser zoom level must be set to 100% so that the native mouse events can be set to the correct coordinates.
- For IE 11 only, you will need to set a registry entry on the target computer so that the driver can maintain a connection to the instance of Internet Explorer it creates. For 32-bit Windows installations, the key you must examine in the registry editor is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BFCACHE. For 64-bit Windows installations, the key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BFCACHE. Please note that the FEATURE_BFCACHE subkey may or may not be present, and should be created if it is not present. Important: Inside this key, create a DWORD value named iexplore.exe with the value of 0.
Please try the configurations above and let me know if any further assistance is needed.
Thanks for the response VIKA.Sorry for the delay in reply.
I dont have the admin rights to change the 'Enhanced Protected Mode'. Is there any way I can do the changes without admin rights.