New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Object Repository Manager General Failure

Hello Everybody,

I have a trial of UFT v14.53.3529.0 installed in order to evaluate the automation of the GUI testing of a Windows application. I am running through the tutorial using the FlightGUI app (https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.50-14.53/UFT_Help/Content/Tutorial/UFTTutorial_CreateObjectRepositories.htm), and have got to the stage of adding objects to the object repository.

However when I try to save the repository I am getting the "Object Repository Manager - A general failure occurred when attempting to save the object repository file" error.

This is a brand new object repository, on a fresh installation of UFT, so previous suggestions of exporting to XML and re-importing are not relevant. I have checked permissions and myself (running UFT) and SYSTEM (the UFT helper process) both have full control over the target folder(s).

Anybody else had this issue ad overcome it? Any suggestions or pointers?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I just tried this on my same version of UFT (14.53.build 3529) and had no problems.

It is most likely a permissions issue (try installing or running as administrator) or perhaps try it on a different machine. I can confirm that on a typical system, this is working fine.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.