Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Object Repsitory Error

Hi,

I'm using UFT 12.02. Build 3327.  it throws an error below although the object is in repository..  The proof is the code below.. You can see Browser("Telco_2") object exists in line 47 but it throws an error on line 49.  if there is no defintion in object repository as it says in the error message below, it should throw the error on line 47. 

I checked and confirmed Browser("Telco_2") is defined in object repository.. This is an absulutely bug I think.  Can anybody help me with this. 
Thanks..

Line 47:   Browser("Telco_2").Page("Emptor Telco").Sync
Line 48:   Browser("Telco_2").Dialog("Message from webpage").WinButton("OK").WaitProperty "visible",True
Line 49:   If Browser("Telco_2").Dialog("Message from webpage").WinButton("OK").Exist Then

Error Message in report: The "Telco_2" Browser object was not found in the Object Repository.
Check the Object Repository to confirm that the object exists or to find the correct name for the object.
Line (49): "If Browser("Telco_2").Dialog("Message from webpage").WinButton("OK").Exist Then".

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Object Repsitory Error

What is the property used to identify the browser creation time/name?

If we use creation time in OR, now we are seeing a pop up box(this might be another browser or in the same browser), if it is a new browser and the creation time would be "1" for this, in this case we see this kind of issues.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

We use openURL but the error says "Browser object was not found in the Object Repository". So Its about the repository definition not about finding it during run. Its absolutely in repository but UFT says its not. This is definetly a BUG..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I upgraded 12.52 this meaningless error still exists. Same module runs successfully during a test run, then in second call in same run throws object repository error. Its imposible that the object exists in first iteration and disappears in second. Its still unstable and no improvement.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.