Highlighted
Visitor.

Object Spy is not working properly in High Resolution Laptop.

All,

I have 4K resolution laptop and I have installed UFT on it. What I observe is Object Spy is not working as expected, the Web Elements are not focused at the right place. For example if ther is a textbox and I'm movin my cursor to the textbox, it's actually not able to find the element, instead if I'm moving my cursor little bit up, it's able to find, and highlighting not in the textbox, above text box. 

This is creating a lot of problem. Any solution for this.

Note: I have tried with compatibility mode, but not resolved. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Object Spy is not working properly in High Resolution Laptop.

hi, 

Will you please check if the zoom of display in the browser is 100%? With such high resolution, it's probably enlarged. UFT has some known issue when the zoom is not 100%.

Thanks.

James

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Have you tried changing the resolution to something like 1920 x 1080

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Yes, I'm using 100% zoom only. The issues which I'm facing are :

1. The default object spy is giving only window object while spying on a browser, rather than WebElement.

2. When I'm using UI Automation from the dropdown, the object spy is very slow, it's being hanged several times, and after spying an object I'm getting UIA Object. 

I'm new to HP UFT, from tutorials what I have seen is, generally if we spy an webelement, it gives "Browser" object and then a "Page" object and then the Webelement. 

As because it's giving UIA Object I'm not getting the inbuilt methods for variour web element properties. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.