Captain
Captain
704 views

Object is duplicated in UFT

Jump to solution

Hello guys 

How to configure UFT to not duplicate object when add these to old object classes are available?

In my case, I have 1 Browser object includes page, frame etc..   When I add new webElement in UFT, It copies new objects and added webElement to it. I have tried Page/Frame Options and It still stays same. Please see picture below: 

2018-08-20_17-15-02.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Commander
Commander

I have found that possibly the duplicate issue of the objects can be related to an use of a shared repository. You can check the details from this blog:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13718089/local-and-shared-repository

There you can see also from where do the objects are being generated from if you check the repository location where they are originating.

As a suggestion, not sure if you tried this before, but how about if you use descriptive programming for this and similar objetcs?:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.50/UFT_Help/Content/Addins_Guide/Wrk_Multi_Browsers_Use-case_DescriptiveProgramming.htm

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Commander
Commander

Greetings.

 

There is a section in the UFT help center website about modifyng UFT that might work for you. Here is is in any case: https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.03/UFT_Help/Content/Addins_Guide/Page_Frame_Web_Settings.htm

 

Regards,

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Thank you for response

However I have tried these settings, But It is still copies objects. I have no idea about this 😞

2018-08-21_11-07-25.jpg2018-08-21_11-07-59.jpg

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Did you select "Different test object descriptions" for both Page and Frame?

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Yes, I have selected all these options. But It is copied object like  above. What does it mean? 

(My testing environment is same as before I recorded.)

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

I have found that possibly the duplicate issue of the objects can be related to an use of a shared repository. You can check the details from this blog:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13718089/local-and-shared-repository

There you can see also from where do the objects are being generated from if you check the repository location where they are originating.

As a suggestion, not sure if you tried this before, but how about if you use descriptive programming for this and similar objetcs?:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.50/UFT_Help/Content/Addins_Guide/Wrk_Multi_Browsers_Use-case_DescriptiveProgramming.htm

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.