Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Object repository API available?

Hi,

Is there an API avaiable that can read and export the contents of an object repository file?

I've been tasked to draft up some framework ideas and an option I'd like to explore is building an XML image from the object repository file *.mtr.

I'm not at all familiar with QTP and couldn't see a way of exporting the repository using the tool itself.

Many thanks,

J

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Object repository API available?

Yes, you have both of them.

There is an API to work with the OR & you can also export the OR files to xml.

Refer the help file.

Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

I had already looked but to no avail.

To be more specific, I would like to call an api from Visual Studio or an Excel macro.  I couldn't see anything in the help file relating to that.

Also, searching the likes of "export object repository to xml" wasn't helpful at all.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Look here. <InstallFolder> /UFT/help/ObjectRepositoryUtil.chm

Super Contributor.

Thanks, will have a look at that today.  Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

J

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.