Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

OpenJDK 11 support

Hi. Does anyone know if or when UFT will support OpenJDK?

My organisation's AUT has recently switched to OpenJDK 11.0.3 (Swing), and UFT 14.52 is unable to recognise any java objects using the java add-in. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: OpenJDK 11 support

FYI. we are currently licensed for UFT 12.02, and have a trial version of UFT 14.52, investigating Java 11.0.3 support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I have also tried switching out OpenJDK and forcing the AUT to use Oracle Java 11.0.3. The same issue exists, ie. the java objects cannot be recognised.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello,

UFT 14.52 should have Java recognition using OpenJDK 11 (Swing) and Oracle Java as well. 

Please verify the Environment Variables:

JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Unified Functional Testing\bin\java_shared\classes\jasmine.jar"

JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook

After installing Java you must set the environment variables:

JAVA_HOME --> the path where JDK is placed

PATH --> %JAVA_HOME%\bin

Try to open your Swing application using OpenJDK 11: go to the bin in the OpenJDK folder, open cmd, use java -jar "path to the application"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

(Thanks for you suggestions @fodorhilda)

I just received confirmation overnight via SAP (my organisation's UFT vendor):

As per UFT PAM, UFT12.02 did not support Windows Server 2016, but UFT 14.5x also not support windows 2019 and oracle java 11.0.3.

At this moment, we did not have information when UFT will support Windows 2019 and Oracle Java 11.0.3.

So please upgrade the UFT and downgrade the Java to supported version to check if issue still occur.

So it appears 14.52 officially does not support Java 11.0.3.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Unfortunately SAP did not provide the correct information.

Java 11 is supported by UFT 14.52, and 14.53 supports Java 12 as well.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.50-14.53/UFT_Help/Content/WhatsNew/whats-new-14.52.htm

Same applies to Windows Server 2019, we actually support it from UFT 14.00.

I would suggest that you open a support case with us to further investigate it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.