UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Oracle Forms (6i Version) Objects are not recognized by UFT 12.50

We have an AUT (Tech: Oracle, Prog Lang: Oracle Forms) which is a stand-alone Oracle forms application (Oracle form version of 6i - 6.5), trying to spy objects with UFT 12.50 tool. We have observed that the objects are being identified as standard "Windows" class objects rather than "Oracle" class objects. I've also installed JRE1.7, enables Oracle, Java, Active-X and Web add-ins to be at safe, but still the issue is not solved. Any suggestions to make this object identification as success and identify the objects as "Oracle" class.

I've also contacted HP UFT Tech support and opened up a case# (4652295769) at least 6-7 weeks back. Since then lot of people troubleshot the issue and yet to find a good solution. One of the solution was provided was, asking us to deploy the oracle forms application to a oracle application server and then access the oracle application thru a web browser. This setup is not at all possible from our end and the existing application has lot of dependency with lot of other users and hence this migration didn’t happen. This is one of the core application which needs to be automated and hence the UFT license is bought.

Please refer AUT screen shots to view the screens and object properties. Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Commander
Commander

Hello,

Thank you very much for your post!

I am sure that my colleagues who are working on your support case have informed you that the Oracle Add-in provides support for Oracle Forms or Oracle Applications launched from a browser only and based on Oracle Initiator or Java Sun Plug-in. Any other variation, is not supported by Oracle Add-in. Please refer to the article below:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM176391

Your application is stand alone and is not launched from a browser and that is the reason why it is not recognized as Oracle. I am afraid that there is not an option to instruct UFT to recognize the objects as Oarcle and that is the reason why you have been advised by the support deploy the oracle forms application to an oracle application server and then access the oracle application through a web browser.

However you may try to use Java Add-in in order to see if you will be able to recognize the objects and to give you a chance to automate your application, but then again the objects will not be recognized as Oracle but as Java objects.

Kind regards,

Mariya Hristova

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.